When We Are Closedclosed_sign

When the practice is closed, for medical attention please contact 111. A doctor or nurse will call you back and give you telephone advice or, when necessary, arrange for you to be seen that day. Urgent Care Cambridgeshire (UCC) is the Out-of-Hours GP led emergency service.

Telephone; 111

Please note, Urgent Care Cambridgeshire will ask for your consent for their doctors to access your medical records.  This is optional.  If you do consent you are agreeing to the staff at UCC to access your full medical records held at Nuffield Road Medical Centre.

NHS Cambridgeshire Minor Ailments Service

The Minor Ailments Service allows you easy access to advice and treatment from your Community Pharmacy. This service complements existing GP and Out of Hours services and may save the need for an appointment. If you are normally exempt from paying prescription charges, you can still get your medicines free

NHS Direct

Alternatively you can access urgent assistance by calling NHS Direct on 0845 4647. A triage nurse will assess your situation and take appropriate action. This could simply be by offering advice or where necessary by making arrangements for you to be seen by a doctor.

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website